Monday, March 9, 2009

Matthew's Story and My Mission...


Conquer Chiari is a national non-profit organization and has a wonderful all-encompassing mission when it comes to Chiari Malformations.

To further my work with Chiari awareness and education I am reaching further, I truly feel that the more people my family comes in contact with the larger impact we will have and what a great thing we can accomplish if we can help others shorten the time for a proper diagnosis, assist the medical community to recognize the condition through presenting symptoms and raise some money for research in the process.

On March 21st I will pursue another dream of mine which has an even greater meaning because of the great emphasis on my platform, I will compete for the title of Mrs West Virginia International 2009. I have been quite busy over the years having a combined total of 4 children and a busy professional life. I always knew I wanted to enter pageantry again but I wanted to be fully prepared. I wanted to be in the best shape I could be in physically and I also wanted to make sure I had the time to commit for both a state and national level competition. Well in October of 2008 I felt that I was there! I am a civil engineer with a Bachelor of Science degree from Texas A&M University and in October of 2007 I recieved my Professional Engineer's license for the state of West Virginia, what a wonderful feeling that was! So this competition was the next great thing to pursue!

So read the article below, it will give you a summary about my son's condition and more about the upcoming opportunity this month! Happy reading!

God Bless.

http://www.conquerchiari.org/subs%20only/Volume%207/Issue%207(1)/Angie%20Bowers%207(1).asp

No comments:

Post a Comment